If you have kids or you own a pet, your mattress is eventually going to get stains. Along with stains, your mattress is also exposed to a lot: hair oil, dead skin cells that you’ve been shedding in your sleep, sweat, drool and skin oil, etc.
If you are asthmatic or have allergies, a dirty mattress can make your symptoms worse. Though your mattress is an expensive purchase, it also plays a vital role in keeping you healthy, both mentally and physically.
Despite that, most people have no love for their mattress, never giving it a thorough cleaning. However, as much as you frequently wash your sheets, you need to clean your mattress, but luckily not nearly as often.
Now the question is how to remove stains from mattress! Let’s scroll down to find out the solution.
FIVE SIMPLE STEPS TO GET RID OF MATTRESS STAINS
It is unnecessary to rely on strong chemicals or costly commercial cleaning items for mattress cleaning.
To clean your mattress, remove stains, and leave your sleeping space pleasantly scented and ready for dream time, you can use natural methods and simple ingredients you probably already have around the house.
Let’s dive in to discover the simple steps to know how to remove stains from mattress no matter how stubborn they are.
NOTE: Don’t forget to check the care label on your mattress.
STEP ONE: GET YOUR MATTRESS CLEANING SUPPLIES
To deep clean a mattress, you’ll need to get your following hands-on things:
|Vacuum with an upholstery attachment||Baking Soda|
|Clean clothes or towels||Hydrogen Peroxide|
|Fan / blow dryer (optional)||White vinegar|
STEP TWO: STRIP THE BED
Remove sheets and mattress covers and toss them into the washing machine. Washing all the bedding in hot water is going to help you get rid of dust mites.
STEP THREE: VACUUM THE MATTRESS
Grab the upholstery attachment on a vacuum cleaner and go over the whole surface, the sides, and underneath the bed.
STEP FOUR: SPRINKLE BAKING SODA AND VACUUM AGAIN
In one cup of baking soda, add few drops of Lavender oil, mix them in a bowl and sprinkle evenly over the entire mattress.
After your mattress is deodorized, thoroughly vacuum the baking soda. Now flip the mattress and repeat the same steps.
STEP FIVE: TREAT MATTRESS STAINS
Use simple household items such as laundry detergent and stain remover to remove fresh stains from your mattress. For tougher stains, try a few of these techniques.
To get your mattress white again, use the homemade mattress stain removers below:
1. Urine Stain Remover:
- Bedwetting happens – to get rid of urine stains, add three tablespoons of baking soda in 8 ounces of hydrogen peroxide and few liquid dish soap drops.
- Mix them in a bowl and dab the mixture onto the stain.
- Let the mixture sit for an hour.
- Turn to a new cloth and blot the moisture. As you work, turn your rag because you’re still using a new spot to lift the stain.
- Let it air dry.
2. Sweat Stain Remover:
Sweat also produces similar yellowish stains, and it is common for mattresses to get discolored and smell moldy from sweat over time.
- Spray the yellowed area lightly with hydrogen peroxide on your mattress until it’s damp but not soaked.
- Let it air-dry for at least an hour.
3. Blood Stain Remover:
- Spray or rub 3 percent hydrogen peroxide on the blood stain and blot with a clean rag until the stain is gone.
- To speed up the process, let the mattress air dry or use a fan/ blow dryer.
4. Wine, Vomit, or Mystery Mattress Stains:
- Prepare a 50/50 water and white vinegar solution, spray it over the stain, and then blot it with a clean towel.
- Sprinkle baking soda on the treated area. After an hour, vacuum it away.
- Let the mattress air dry.
When treating a stained mattress, be sure to do so in a ventilated room, especially if you are using a detergent or a strong stain remover, to help prevent the breathing of harsh chemicals. It is also recommended to keep the air circulated to allow dry the mattress.
WHY GETTING YOURSELF IN TROUBLE FOR ALL THE CLEANING?
Let professionals handle it. A licensed team of experts can fulfill all of your mattress needs. Eco Cleaning NYC provides quick and efficient services at competitive prices in NYC.
We not only clean your mattress within 1-3 hours, but our services include removing dust mites, dead tissue, and bacteria from your mattress that you do not even know are living there.
Get in touch with us today! (917) 979-1000
To sum up the discussion about how to remove stains from mattress! Stains, allergens, and dust mites can be removed from your mattress by following practical steps. These are easy to do and can be done twice a year or through seasonal shifts.
Besides sleeping on the best mattress, you’ll love to sleep on a clean one!